Thursday, November 15, 2007

devconnections 2007 - las vegas

I just returned from DevConnections 2007. It was well worth the time and money. Overall the conference was a great success. It offered a lot of great training. The rooms were large with perfect A/V setups. The sessions were 75 minutes each, offering just enough detail to get you started in the right direction with a handful of knowledge nuggets.

I would definitely recommend DevConn. It had all the benefits of TechEd without the trip to the East Coast, nor the added expense of two additional days of training. The three days DevConn offered was perfect. My brain wasn’t fried by the end, yet I was able to get a lot good training in the three days.

Trip Highlight
The best session was that with Juval Lowy. I first saw Juval about five years ago at a local conference when he taught a great session on test driven development. This time I listened to him teach about service-oriented development. It was awesome. Definitely the best of the bunch.

I'll detail more about this session and the trip in general in future posts. If you ever get a chance to go to DevConnections, TechEd, or the PDC, definitely go. They are a great time and full of information.

No comments: